Lost and Found
• Lost clothing is stored in the alcove by the greenhouse.
• Jewelry, money, and eyeglasses are usually brought into the office.
• If clothing is clearly marked with the child’s name, loss is minimized.
• Periodically, unclaimed items are donated to charitable organizations.
• Please check the lost and found often, because many expensive items go unclaimed.
The West Tisbury School fosters honesty and integrity. The school wishes to promote a society where locked doors are unnecessary. Therefore, our lockers have no locks. Locks may be requested for the upper-level lockers if a parent/student wishes. Only locks provided by the school are acceptable. Requests for locks should be made to the Assistant Principal.
Students helped to develop the following guidelines. Continued infractions could lead to the loss of locker privileges.
1. Schedules, pictures, etc., may be affixed with magnets or tape that can be removed. No stickers are allowed. Writing on lockers is prohibited.
2. Locker space is limited to school-related items – backpack, books, gym clothes, supplies, lunches, and after-school sports equipment.
3. Large, cumbersome items, such as overnight bags and skateboards, cannot be stored in lockers. Ask your homeroom teacher or in the main office for space to store them that day. Nothing may be kept on the floor outside your locker.
4. Lockers are not banks. Let someone in the office hold money for you.
5. Lockers must be closed at all times. If the door will not close properly, the locker may be over loaded. If a problem exists with the latch, report it to Judy. Open lockers are a safety hazard and create an opportunity for temptation.
6. The lockers are located in a busy hallway. People must be able to pass through without disruption. Please do not block the hall. When you are finished at your locker, move on.
7. Know your schedule and plan ahead as you use your locker. Take supplies for two or three classes and help avoid congestion.
8. Students are responsible for their possessions at all times. The school cannot assume responsibility for lost, misplaced, or stolen items.
9. Lockers are school property. They may be opened and inspected at any time. Please take your leftover lunches and used athletic clothing home with you!
• We caution students against bringing valuables and large amounts of money to school.
• Do not leave money, watches, iPods, mobile phones, etc., in desks or lockers.
• If such items must be brought to school, they should be stored in the office with one of our secretaries, Orlaith or Sue, until the end of the day.